Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mac & Mickey Contractor Gulabi lipstick- Review

This was the range of Mac which was being waited by every Indian makeup lover. Mickey contractor range is a salaam to this great makeup artist who is definitely worth of this respect.
I was waiting for this range and had told my sister 15 days ago to pickup something from this range. Saturday late afternoon I received my things- Gulabi and Mehr and now I’m writing a short review about this lovely lipstick Gulabi.




The packaging of this lipstick is not new, it’s the same like Mac’s other lipsticks. It would be great if Mac would have given it some different packaging and color.
Anyways what have we to do with the packaging? For us, everything is inside the box.
Mac Gulabi Lipstick-
Gulabi name is taken from urdu language which means like the color of Gulab(rose) and this lipstick is really like a rose. I love the name of this range’s products like Gulabi, Mehr, syahi, Sur and gana etc. I think Mickey would have taken some name ideas from Javed Akhtar or Gulzar..haha.

Gulabi is a beautiful bright fuchsia in the Amplified formula. The pigmention of this lipstick is amazing.I’m sure it’ll give my lips a pretty smooth look. Sorry readers, I can’t give a look with this lovely lippie but I promise I’ll definitely do it after Muharram. I got your lot of mails and I feel sorry that I can’t ….okay now about the lipstick. Mickey Contractor is right- this kind of color goes amazing with Indian skintones and in my opinion it’ll be perfect any kind of skin tone. The shade is pretty universal and you will remember a fresh moist Gulabi Gulab after seeing it.

Price- Rs 990
The reason I’m loving it-

The texture of this lipstick is creamy.
It’s amazingly pigmented.
Only one swipe and you can get your right shade.
It’s a very very popular shade for Indian weddings and functions.
Perfect choice for an Indian bride. As you can see this color goes along very well with every green combination lenhga and bridal sari.
I’m sure I’ll not need any lip balm before applying it.
I love the quality of this lipstick and I’ll not complain about the price. The quality is worth this price.

The swatches-



Cons-
There are no cons in the quality. The shade is little bit dark but will be very popular in any wedding function. The shade is not only for fair complexion but for every skin tone. So there is not any reason to stay away.

Finally;as I said that it resembles the color of a rose…so a pic of a beautiful rose!!


Will I purchase it again?
Ohh yes I have Mehr but I want Mocha too!
So ladies what is your opinion about this range’s lipstick. Will love to know about your opinions :-D

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. My partner and I stumbled over here by a different web page and thought I
    may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
    Look forward to exploring your web page for a second time.



    Here is my blog post: windows xp Registry cleaner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig