Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Friday, July 29, 2011

Faces Cosmetics i-shine Quartet- Review, swatches & FOTD



Hi beauties

We all women are super greedy when it comes about the cosmetics especially eyeshadows, even if we have a big collection of every color we still want to check out the latest launches of various brands..hhaha..isn’t it true?

When I had seen this quad from Faces on their website since then I couldn’t forget it but unfortunately Faces cosmetics not available in my city. I wanted to buy some of its products in trip of Kolkata but unluckily, that trip schedule was too tight that I had to miss that chance. But I’m happy that I got a chance to try it out and I’m really impressed with this quad.

Faces i-Shine Eyeshadow Quartet-Green 4

This contains four eye shadows in it with a nice little applicator. All are very pigmented and shimmery as well.

Net weight

4g

Price

Rs 499 ($12 approx)

Packaging

I really love the packaging of this quad. It’s so classy and beautiful. A shiny black round case with a transparent lid through which all the shades are visible. Very handy & travel-friendly!

Shades

There are four lovely shades in this quad.

Color 1: Shiny metallic teal green with a touch of blue in it - This is a very pretty color, but unfortunately this lovely color is the least pigmented of this quad. It applies nicely on the lids and shows clearly but in the pictures, it is not much visible.

Color 2: Hina green- This shade is dark green like Hina with some silver shimmers. This one is quite pigmented, applies very decently and looks so nice on the lids.

Color 3: Plum Purple- I love this color, this one is my most favorite color of this quad. Super pigmented. It applies beautifully on the lids and blends well.

Color 4: Yellowish green- This is a pretty color, very intensive on the lids, applies easily and looks so fine.

In the mirror of my own experience

After swatching all four shades on my hands, I had noticed their pigmentation and was very excited to apply them on my eyes. I had known that the sky blue shade is not as intensive as rest of colors because for swatching , I had to apply it again and again on my hand to show the color. The same thing I had to do on my lids but rest of the shades was highly intensive on the lids. I didn’t use any primer on my lids but if I would have used a primer the shades were more pop out, I’m sure about it.

Anyways, one shade can be ignored because the rest of the three shades are super pigmented and the amazing thing is that they don’t have much fall out while applying them. The finishing of the colors are beautiful after applying them on the lids but unfortunately they don’t show such in the photos(I’m talking about the pictures of my eyes) as they are in real. It’s strange, that they are showing well on the hands; even on the lids in reality but not good in the photos. But anyways, it’ll look even beautiful if I use a good primer under the shadows.

Good points

First, I love it lovely packaging, it so classy.

The color combination is gorgeous; one can love just after seeing these shades.

The lasting power is just wonderful. They can stay easily for about 4-5 hours without any primer underneath and about 7-8 hours with a good primer. Isn’t amazing?

All colors are vibrant except the light blue shade, apply so well on the lids and after applying the beauty of colors can’t be explained.

The purple one is a unique shade which can’t be found easily even in my 80 color palette. I can tell you for sure that I can purchase this can again even for this gorgeous shade.

Very reasonable price.

From R-L: Color 1, 2, 3 ,4

Bad points

The teal green is not much pigmented but I wish it was so that could have made this an ideal quad.

All the shades are very shimmery so matte lovers will not like it.

Final thoughts

Finally I love this quad. All colors are super intensive. The color combination is exquisite. Green and purple suits all skin tones. The packaging, the quality, the pigmentation and of course the cost, all are excellent. I love this quad.

Here I did an FOTD with the eyemakeup from this quad. Here I have used all the shades of this quad, believe me, these shades was looking fabulous and so vibrant but that intensively I can't see in these pictures.





Recommendation

I highly recommend this lovely quad to my readers especially girls, because they can easily afford it from their pocket money and grow their eye shadow collection. They can happily create different makeup looks with this quad so girls, grab this gorgeous quad and create some lovely looks!!!!

Rating

3.7/5

So ladies and girls, what do you think about this quartet, isn't it gorgeous? If you have tried it then please share your precious experience with me :D

Disclaimer- product by PR

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig