Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sleek Makeup Caribbean Collection Aruba Blush & Bonaire Pout Polish- Review, Swatches & LOTD

Hi everyone

After reviewing the Curacao i-divine palette of Sleek Makeup’s Caribbean Collection, my readers have sent me many mails to review the Aruba Blush and Bonaire Pout Polish. So today I'm reviewing these other two things of this collection. Hope you find it helpful & like it :)

Aruba Blush

It’s a bright matte orange blush which is a part of the Caribbean Collection.

Price

£4.29

What Sleek Makeup says

Be brave and brighten your look with a cheeky hint of coral and turn into a bird of paradise with Caribbean inspired colors!

Packaging

Comes in a very handy small box. Inside it you'll find a wide mirror on one side & the blush on the other.

Shade

It’s a bright orange shade which gives a lovely coral shade on your cheeks after applying with a light hand.

Texture

Silky and smooth, so pigmented that after touching it for the first time, you might hesitate in applying it on your cheeks thinking that it may be too bright & bold.

In the mirror of my own experience

As I told you that when I saw it for first time on the net, the first thought of mine was ‘ hey it’s not for me' & even after touching it my thoughts were the same but when I applied it on my cheeks I was amazed to see its lovely shade and finish. I applied it with a very light hand & gentle strokes so it gave a soft orangish coral look to my cheeks. All my hesitation had gone on seeing the shade. I can apply it very comfortably for my holiday tours to any hill station or sea side even at day time and it’ll be a great option for a night party so I really love this blush ♥♥

The lasting power is amazing. It can stay easily for 5 to 6 hours without any reapplying. In my opinion, no one wants more lasting power in a blush. If you want more, you could get longer wears by using a primer or a cream blush underneath. Like many others I also feel it a cheaper dupe for Nars Taj mahal!!

Good points

I love the packaging which is so handy and I can carry it out very easily for any visit.

Love its matte silky texture.

The pigmentation and smoothness is great.

You can get a lovely coral look after applying it with gentle strokes.

It can make your holidays colorful.

It can be toned down for lighter complexion and can be carried well by darker ones as well.

With a very light application, you can get a natural look which would be perfect for any day occasion.

If you are going for a night party, apply it with a shimmery highlighter. Your cheeks will get radiant just like the lights and it’ll be impossible for anyone to ignore you easily...haha!!!

The lasting power is very impressive keeping the price in mind.

Again I can say that after getting these many qualities, the cost looks unbelievable.


Bad points

If you like light and natural makeup, this blush is not for you.

There is no brush provided with this blush so never forget to carry out your own blush applicator if you are going for a holiday.

Final thoughts

Finally there is no need to say that it’s an impressive product which is definitely a worth buy. The quality, the texture, the intensity, the cost…all are great and incredible ♥♥

Recommendation

This is a definite repurchase for me & I will highly recommend it to all my readers.

Rating

♥♥♥♥♥

Bonaire Pout Polish

The last thing of this collection is this Bonaire Pout Polish which a tinted lip conditioning balm.

Net weight

10g

Price

£4.29

What Sleek Makeup says

A tinted lip conditioning balm formulated with natural oils as well as having a high SPF of 15, giving you gorgeous conditioned lips that are protected from the Sun’s harmful rays.

Packaging

It comes in a round pot with the contents inside. Very handy & travel friendly. The lid has a beautiful design of a boat & palm showing the Caribbean.

In the mirror of my own experience

Many girls are afraid of wearing orange lips due to the fact that it may look funny or too bold. But here is the solution to your fear & problem. This Bonaire Pout Polish is a funky coral tinted balm which is very wearable & is not too dark or intense. It moisturizes the lips nicely giving it a light coral shade which looks fabulous with dark eye makeup. It has a lovely caramel sort of fruity smell also which made me feel as if it was something edible!! Another great thing is that it has SPF 15 which provides sun protection to the lips. It’s great for everyday use & I’m loving this Pout Polish!!

Good Points

Very moisturizing and non-sticky.

Not too bold & bright.

Has SPF 15 which is a great quality.

Love the fruity, yummy smell!!!

Great for everyday use, but you need to apply it skilfully.

Again, the product is worth the price!!

LOTD

Bad points

Has to applied using a brush coz a finger application may not be very hygienic.

The lasting power is not very impressive; just 2-3 hours & then you need to reapply it.

Rating

♥♥♥♥

So girls what do you think about this blush & lip pout?? Have you tried it...if not; you are definitely missing out a lot!!!!

P.S.- FOTD & EOTD using the whole collection coming soon!

Disclaimer- Products sent by PR

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig