Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Friday, February 10, 2012

Ellis Faas Milky Lips L207- review, swatches & LOTD

When I decided to do a blog sale on my blog, I had never expected that Ellis Faas would have been so popular in India. The reason is that it's not available in India. So I wasn't qute sure that Indian girls are completely aware about this brand but I was amazed to see the response on first day of sale itself. I got many mails from Indian customers who wanted to purchase the Ellis Faas winter set.Not only the Indian but many mails I got from out of India. But at last I sold that set to an Indian customer. I realized that it's not only me but there are many Indian ladies and girls who love this brand and want it in India.Today I'm reviewing another lip color from this brand!

Ellis Faas Milky Lips in L207

Ellis Lips has three section of lips Milky, Glazy and Creamy. I have mentioned it in my previous post. Milky Lips is in between matte finish lipstick and gloss.


What  Ellis Faas says….

For a more fluid and translucent appearance, try Milky Lips. For a subtle look with just a trace of colour, either apply a feather-light layer all over the lips or apply Milky Lips to the middle of the lips and fade it with the fingertips.

Weight

2.8ml

Price

$35.00

Packaging

I have described about their packaging many times and my readers know about that but still I'm writing something about the packaging. Like all Ellis Faas products, it comes in this stylish silver bullet shaped pen.The pens are tipped with a brush. The color is taken out by twisting the pen at the base. I love their elegant style. It's so easy to use and carry out.



Ingredients

Hydrogenated Polydecene, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Propylene Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Candelilla Cera, Prunus Domestica Seed Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Tribehenin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. +/- May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 75470 (Carmine), Red 7, CI 15850 (Red 6/Red 7 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake), CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake)
Shade

In Milky range, they have 9 beautiful shades. all are unique and beautiful. You can check the colors range HERE


L207


Milky  Lip L207 is a warm deep nude with a good amount of brown and peach in it. The shade is beautiful and perfect for all skin tones.


Texture & pigmentation

The texture is quite light and doesn’t feel drying. The finish is a semi matte and very moisturizing. They have described the formula as fluid but It's not runny. The texture is light and creamy that you even feel a pleasant feeling while applying it on lips. The pigmentation is wonderful. Only one twist and you find enough product to get right color.

Lasting power

Oh it's just amazing. It can last for about 7 to 8 hours without any retouch. Really superb and unbelievable. It looks more pretty even after fading a bit.

In the mirror of my own experience

I want to say something about the color first. The shade is quite unique and just fabulous. It's my favorite color for which I had been looking for since many days. The shade is absolutely perfect for my skin tone. I can wear it with many outfits even on red. It looks just beautiful. In my opinion, the shade will go nicely on every type of skin tones. The texture is because the texture is completely moisturizing. I have written about the lasting power and after reading you can imagine about its strong lasting power. generally lip colors stay longer on my lips in comparison to others but I'm sure it can last for about 5 to 6 hours on ladies who don't last the lips colors even more time generally. The brush included with the pen makes application so easy. The only problem with this type of packaging is you can never keep the pen without cleaning the brush. Because if you keep it without cleaning, it'll be not hygienic so you should always clean the pen brush after using. 

Good points

Elegant and stylish packaging.
The texture is so soft and smooth, feels light and moisturizing.
The finish is just silky and velvety.
No need to apply a lip balm because the formula is completely creamy.
Gives a pretty coverage and effect.
The shade is so lovely which is perfect for all skin tones.
Lasting power is just amazing.



Bad points

The pen packaging sometimes can be tricky to load some of the cream formulas if they are not used regularly.
Not available in India but you can buy it online.
A bit expensive.

Finally....


I'm very very impressed with this lipstick. It has become one of my favorite lipstick and you'll see it on my lips in many makeup looks. The shade and texture has appealed me so much that I'll love to apply it again and again on my lips. Lasting power is a bonus for me. I won't say that the formula is out of world which will give a heavenly look to your lips but because of how novel the texture is it is worth owning one of Ellis Faas Milky Lips for sure.
Rating

5/5

Recommendation

I want to suggest to readers if you think it's a bit costly for you still you should try it once because no need to keep a lot of shades lipsticks which you use only for one or two times. Keep some high quality brand lipstick and such shades which you can apply on many outfits and occasions. It's really an impressive and high quality lipstick and I'll recommend it to all my readers.

Availability

Ellis Faas Milky Lips L207 can be purchased from Ellis Faas website, from Sephora and Ebay also I think(I'm not sure about Ebay)

Disclaimer- Product sent by PR. Opinions expressed are 100% honest & original.
 
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig