Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Maybelline NY 14 hr Superstay lipstick- review, swatches & LOTD

Maybelline has launched a new range of lipsticks recently in India which is going to be quite popular among makeup lovers. Today I’m one of with this freshly launched lippie.The shade I got is Consistently truffle # 040


Maybelline 14 hours lipsticks have some tremendous shades which are really gorgeous and will be loved by Indian women because mostly the shades are for warm skin tones.
First I want to come on its packaging which could have been made more attractive. The lipstick comes in transparent packaging with white cap. You can see the lipstick shade from the packaging without opening the cap. I didn't like the concept of a white cap, it could have been either silver or transparent. It looks more appealing if you keep the cap separate. Overall I think it’s a average packaging.





Consistently truffle 040 is purplish brown shade with shimmers. It's a shade which will suit well to a warm skin tone but unfortunately this shade is not for me at all. After applying my lips look like purplish blue.
The texture of this lipstick is soft and silky. It glides on the lips like cream or butter. It has plenty of moisturizer in it so no lip balm is required before applying it.
The pigmentation is amazing. A single stroke provides plenty of color as this is richly pigmented. I applied it on my lips just one or two swipes and couldn't dare to apply more. So pigmentation is really great.

If I talk about its effect on my lips then I'll say it's not great but I'm pretty sure that the ladies with warm skin tones will look great in this shade. It didn't suit me but if I choose some other shades that suit me, no doubt, the effect will be great.

Now I'm coming at the most important part of this lipstick i.e. the lasting power that Maybelline has claimed for 14 hours. I examined it and reached at a conclusion that it's really long lasting but not 14 hours at all. It can last on my lips about for 6 to 8 hours which is really impressive but when it starts fading, it forms ugly patches which I don't like.
Finally, it's not as impressive as Maybelline's other products, I always loved their lipstick and glosses that are not only of great quality but also at very reasonable prices but this lipstick has disappointed me a bit. But still I would love to try out some other shades from this range because they have some amazing colors & I guess if you find some right shades for yourselves you will not regret buying them. You can check out this entire range- HERE



PRICE

Rs 525/ £6.99

AVAILABILITY

Available at all Maybelline Counters throughout the country & also online!

COB Rating- 3.5/5

 Have you tried any of these lipsticks from Maybelline NY??
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig