Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sleek Makeup CC cream- review, swatches


BB creams of various brands created a stir in the cosmetic market, a while ago. Sleek Makeup too had come up with their BB cream which was a very impressive product! Well, as we move ahead, it's time for the CC cream to make an appearance in the market. The new Sleek Makeup CC cream claims to mattify, moisturise, boost radiance & provide UV protection as well. That sounds like a perfect everyday tinted cream, doesn't it? All right then, you can scroll down to have a read at my experience with this product.



What company says...

Boost radiance and mattify shine with our long-lasting complexion corrector cream that treats and conceals imperfections
Buildable medium coverage
Contains vitamin C which helps to protect skin against damage caused by free radicals, reduces fine lines, wrinkles and improves skin elasticity
Moisturising formula nourishes skin and combats dull and uneven skin tones; leaving a beautifully fresh and even complexion
Unique colour adaptive technology adjusts to your skin tone. It also works to brighten and enhance skins natural radiance, whilst fighting against shine
SPF 29 protects skin against harmful UVA and UVB rays

In the mirror of my own experience 

Packaging

The packaging is pretty simple- white tube with a black cap. It is however very sturdy, light weight & therefore travel friendly. I can easily slip it into my handbag & carry wherever I want to. The name of the shade is mentioned in bold just above the cap.


Shade and Texture

I choose "LIGHT" for myself as I felt that perhaps "FAIR" would be for the for the all the more lighter (European) complexion. Well, I was wrong, not about my decision, but about the knowledge of my own skin tone. Ideally, FAIR would have gone best with my skin shade. Light proves to be the best for the wheatish fair complexion that many Indians possess, while it is slightly on the darker side for my skin. However, the light version which was a touch too beige at first actually lightened up a bit when I applied on my face so expect some oxidation and for me it's a good type of oxidation once applied! It, however, have an amazingly balanced texture, blends perfectly into the skin, almost adapting to it ('almost'- in my case). 



Application


I apply the cream in dots on my face and neck simply like my BB cream and then blend the dots with my fingers well.  It blends and absorbs very easily into skin and provides a second skin-like finish that melds with your own tone to even it out, brighten it, and create a very natural, fresh finish. I don’t have oily skin but I didn’t feel this awfully mattifying on application, neither is it shiny, greasy, or oily so it should be suitable for a range of skin types.

Coverage
Although this CC cream won’t hide major ruddiness, dark spots, or blemishes and scarring, it will however, take your own natural skin tone and brighten it while evening it out and creating a very fresh look on skin! After applying it, I don't need anything else, not even a concealer or powder- a natural day look. If you have some dark spots or blemishes, you will need a concealer and a compact powder if you have oily skin. This CC cream has now become an essential part of my makeup box. It stays for around  8 hours on me without setting with the powder. Surely a 9-5 duty!

quite the colour of the skin of my hand!

Good points

Great packaging, very travel friendly.
Light texture, very blendable.
Amazing light medium coverage.
Feels like your own skin after applying.
Not shiny or greasy.
Gives a natural finish.
Long lasting.
Reasonable in price.

Bad points
Availability for Indian customers.

Finally....


Finally, Sleek Makeup CC Cream is formulated very nicely especially if you like lighter coverage! This is a perfect base for Summers when you want something fresh and natural yet also something to ease dullness, some redness, and something to brighten and even out skin tone. If you haven't much dark spots or redness in your face, you find everything in this CC cream so I think it's an amazing product from Sleek Makeup and totally a WINNER. 

PRICE- 


$13.49

AVAILABILITY- 

Sleek Makeup Online- HERE


COB RATING-  

4.75/5
SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig