Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Crème - Review, Price and photos

Lighten up instantly with the new Lakme Instalight- review, swatches, Chamber of Beauty

Lakme has launched a new product called the Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme, a few days back which claims to bring  an instant glow to the skin. Doesn't that sound good? I think girls would be really excited to try it out because the name of the product is quite catchy. Today I’m here with this product’s review along with my own experience.

Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme looks attractive with its claim. Women especially college girls are always looking for a product that can give an instant glow to their skin without any effort. These types of claiming products in fact  catch the attention of buyer easily. The interesting thing is that it’s not a BB or CC cream that gives a coverage and makes the skin glowing. It’s a normal day time cream for all age group women.
What company says...

Lakme Makeup Expert,Daniel Bauer commented on the launch of the product “Lakme 9to5 Insta Light is a very unique product with a dual formulation of powder and crème. What I like about this product is its instant effects. Lakmé Insta Light has reflection particles that give skin an instant glow. The crème is very light and doesn’t weigh down the skin. It is a beautiful product that gives a matte finish and adds an instant glow."
In the mirror of my own experience 
Packaging

Lighten up instantly with the new Lakme Instalight- review, swatches, Chamber of Beauty

Packaging- Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme comes in a very sleek lovely grey tube pack with screw cap. Packaging is so cosy to hold in a handbag. 

Lighten up instantly with the new Lakme Instalight- review, swatches, Chamber of Beauty



Shade and Smell

Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme has a lovely floral smell but if you don’t like fragrance in your cream,you don’t need to worry because after few minutes it fades away. The color of this cream  is a baby pink. and it has a good consistency to apply on skin.

Texture

Texture of Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme is a very creamy and smooth. It absorbs into the skin without much effort. Though the crème claims to have sunscreen but it doesn't give details of the SPF number so you can’t take a risk of stepping outside without applying a sunscreen.

Lighten up instantly with the new Lakme Instalight- review, swatches, Chamber of Beauty

Application & Effect

I first applied Lakme 9 to 5 Insta Light Instant Glow Creme on my hand to see its effect. I noticed that it gives a matte effect to that area of my hand but leaves a whitish cast too. I hate a crème that gives a white tint to my skin like a ghost. I took out carefully a small quantity and after applying I noticed that in this way it didn't give much whitish effect to my face. It gives a wonderful matte effect to my skin. But yes it makes my skin a bit dry even in summer so I can imagine how my skin will react to this creme in winter. So I can’t even think about using it in winters. But if you have oily skin, it can do wonders for you. It makes my skin matte for about 6/7 hours. But it doesn't hydrate the skin. Now coming on to the claim of Instant glow.  I think a satisfactory type glow I get after applying it. So I think it does a nice job with its claim. But does not make skin like illumining glow on over skin at all. I get this little glow after every application. After some careful observation I found that actually it does make my skin slightly whiter after every application and that is what seems like a glow. So for darker skin tone it might not work well. Even much amount of the cream leaves a whitish patch on the skin. This cream is great for oily & fairer skin tone. 

Good points

Cute packaging
Affordable
Lovely smell
SPF protection
Blends easily
Gives completely matte effect
Makes skin neat and fresh
Great for oily & fairer skin tone

Bad points

Long list of ingredients of parabean
Doesn't give the details of SPF number
Just one shade for all skin tones
Much amount of application gives a whitish effect
Instant glow means making the skin look white
Doesn't hydrate the skin 
Not for dry and darker skin tones

Lighten up instantly with the new Lakme Instalight- review, swatches, Chamber of Beauty

Lighten up instantly with the new Lakme Instalight- review, swatches, Chamber of Beauty

Finally...

It's a good product from Lakme but for some, not for all types of skin. The creme is super afforable with cute travel friendly packaging. Works great for oily to fairer skin tones. But I'm disappointed that it does nothing for dry and darker skin tones. I think Lakme should consider about the moisturising part and bring 2-3 shades for other skin tones. It's not totally a loser product but still a disappointing one.

PRICE-

INR 79

 AVAILABILITY- 

Available easily at any shop
Shop it Online- HERE

COB RATING-

3/5

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig